[Rd] german translation

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Feb 18 07:56:54 CET 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:21:18 -0200, "Fernando Henrique Ferraz P. da
Rosa" <feferraz at ime.usp.br> wrote :

>        I think it would be useful to set up a list (even in static html
>on the R-developer page perhaps) of who is working on each
>translation, with the respectives e-mail addresses. This way we would avoid
>duplication of efforts and make it easier to group teams: anyone
>interested on working on a particular language would look up that list
>for someone already working on it and contact him.

That sounds like a good idea.  The pointer could consist of an email
address of one of the group members, and/or a link to a web page for
the group.

I'd do it right now, but I seem to be having problems contacting the
repository to update the web pages...

>        I for one I'm working on the translation of the .pot files to
>Portuguese-BR (right now I'm on 80% of the R.pot). By the way, I'm using
>the ISO8559-1 encoding (which was the recommended* option by the
>Brazilian Team on the gettext page) - I still didn't get around to
>converting my system to UFT-8, but I hope that isn't a problem. Anyways
>I'll try to see if there's a way to convert it from ISO8559-1 to UTF-8.

The iconv utility is supposed to do this. If you're on Windows:  I
have a copy of iconv for Windows on www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools,
but you might not need it. Lots of editors (e.g. Windows notepad) can
also do this conversion.

Duncan Murdoch

Duncan