[Rd] sqlSave reports invalid regular expression '[^[:alnum]_]+' (PR#7703)

david.whiting at ncl.ac.uk david.whiting at ncl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 24 18:37:53 CET 2005

Full_Name: David Whiting
Version: 2.1.0 Under development (unstable)
OS: linux
Submission from: (NULL) (82.39.106.169)

I have just upgraded from a previous version (2.0.0?) and found some of my code
that used okay to run now gives an error. The function being called is
sqlSave(). I am pretty sure (but not 100% certain) that the data frame I am
trying to save has not changed. I am 100% sure that the ODBC connection
information for MySQL has not changed and I have not updated MySQL.

> sqlSave(lh, data, "survey")
Error in gsub(pattern, replacement, x, ignore.case, extended, fixed) :
	invalid regular expression '[^[:alnum]_]+'
> traceback()
4: gsub("[^[:alnum]_]+", "", colnames)
3: mangleColNames(names(colspecs))
2: sqltablecreate(tablename, colspecs = colspecs, keys = keys)
1: sqlSave(lh, data, "survey")

> str(data)
`data.frame':	192 obs. of  171 variables:
[...]
(I can send the whole structure if that will help)

> version
         _
platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686