[Rd] [R][Rdev] any way to generate "bitmap" (tif, jpeg, png etc) files in R CMD BATCH

Oleg Sklyar osklyar at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Feb 25 16:05:17 CET 2005

Hi Community,

here is the problem, Linux problem (reported to work on Windows). I need
to generate graphical output in any of bitmap format under the 'R CMD
BATCH'. Whereas the script generating png-s works perfectly in the R
session, such things as X11, png and jpeg are not usable in BATCH (they
cannot be switched on by --gui-X11 etc) and X11 is prompted to be
required for png. At the same time, such things as postscript and pdf,
which are generally X-independent work fine. The problem is that as a
result I need something previewable in the web browser: png, jpeg. Any
suggestions how to proceed? Generally I could use command line linux
tools to convert from almost any bitmpa format to the required png or
jpeg, but it would be nicer to have them as direct R output.

Kind regards
Oleg

--
Dr Oleg Sklyar