[Rd] Windows vignettes, shQuote, texi2dvi

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Mon Jan 3 17:13:28 CET 2005

Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck <at> myway.com> writes:

:
: Further searching also found it at:
:
: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/texdraw/manual/texi2dvi
:
: but its the UNIX shell script.  I looked at it quickly and it
: probably would not be that hard to translate it into R (about half
: of it is just argument processing) replacing
: the existing texi2dvi R command with the equivalent of that
: script.   It could be added to the wishlist.
:
: A kludge might be to run that shell script on windows under cygwin
: although that might still not fix the problem of building vignettes
: from the R CMD build tool.
:
: Personally, I am just going to stick with MiKTeX's texify.exe and build
: vignettes from the .tex file manually for now.

Just an update.  I just installed the January 2, 2005 r-devel build and
I am now able to automatically generate vignettes on Windows.