[Rd] C code in packages with complex arguments/returned value

Robin Hankin r.hankin at noc.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jul 1 15:41:52 CEST 2005

Hi

one of my packages has a severe bottleneck at a particular function
and I
suspect  that replacing the R code with C code would speed it up.
The function takes complex arguments and returns a complex value.

I would like to follow Best Practice here.  None of the C code in my
packages includes the ability to handle complex numbers (this is done
by R).

Does anyone know of a package that includes C code which manipulates
and returns  complex arguments that I could take a look at?

Yes, there is src/main/complex.c, but I would like to see how complex
arithmetic is
done in a package (or how it should be done).

--
Robin Hankin
Uncertainty Analyst