[Rd] Computer algebra in R - would that be an idea??

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 03:36:12 CEST 2005

I don't know which free system is best.  I have mainly used Yacas
but my needs to date have been pretty minimal so I suspect
any of them would have worked.

Eric's COM solution, once I have it figured out, will likely get me
to the next step on Windows.  I did some googling around and
found this:

http://www.koders.com/python/fidDCC1B0FBFABC770277A28835D5FFADC9D25FF54E.aspx

which is a python interface to Yacas which may give some ideas
on how to interface it to R.