[Rd] anova.mlm again

Bela Bauer bela_b at gmx.net
Wed Jun 1 18:33:20 CEST 2005

[hope this doesn't get posted twice, my first mail bounced]

Hi,

again, this is about the call bug in anova.mlm. I originally reported it
as PR#7898 and I suggested a fix at PR#7904. (None of these message were
forwarded to R-Devel, instead I received a bounce telling me that my
provider's SPF settings are incorrect. They are, though, so there seems
to be a problem with the forwarder).

The fix suggested in PR#7904 doesn't resolve all problems; it fixes the
call for the fit objects, but the same problems occurs for idata. Hence,
there needs to be an additional change made to anova.mlm. I basically
changed anova.mlm to the following:
#...
    if(length(list(object, ...)) > 1){
        cl <- match.call()
        cl[[1]] <- as.name("anova.mlmlist")
        cl[[2]] <- list(object, ...)
        if (!is.null(cl$idata)) {
            cl$idata <- idata
        }
        return(eval(cl))
    }
# ...
Additionally, anova.mlmist has to be changed to accept a list as
parameters. I've attached a patch of my current code against R-2.1.0.

I would suggest PR#7904 to be deleted; I meant it to be a comment on
PR#7898, but by mistake added an extra ":" to the subject line.

Regards,

Bela

Bela Bauer - bela_b at gmx.net
PGP 0x97529F5C