[Rd] R 2.1.1 slated for June 20

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at mn.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 20:28:59 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 14:57 +0100, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
>
> > The next version of R will be released (barring force majeure) on June
> > 20th, with beta versions available starting Monday.
> >
> > Please do check them on your system *before* the release this time...
>
> Some things which it would be particularly helpful to have tested:

> - Bleeding-edge OSes, e.g. anyone running Fedora Core 4 test 3?  (These
>    often show up problems with bugs in the pre-release versions of
>    components such as X11 and compilers.)

Just as a quick heads up, I installed FC4 Release ("Stentz") late
yesterday.

R (Version 2.1.1 beta (2005-06-14)) compiles fine using:

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.0.0 20050519 (Red Hat 4.0.0-8)

and make check-all passes with no problems.

I have also installed all CRAN packages that do not require other 3rd
party drivers, etc. and there were no observed errors in those cases.

So far, so good.

If anything comes up, I will post a follow up.

Best regards,

Marc Schwartz