[Rd] R 2.1.1 slated for June 20

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Jun 14 23:52:36 CEST 2005

Marc Schwartz <MSchwartz at mn.rr.com> writes:

> On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 14:57 +0100, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> >
> > > The next version of R will be released (barring force majeure) on June
> > > 20th, with beta versions available starting Monday.
> > >
> > > Please do check them on your system *before* the release this time...
> >
> > Some things which it would be particularly helpful to have tested:
>

> > - Bleeding-edge OSes, e.g. anyone running Fedora Core 4 test 3?  (These
> >    often show up problems with bugs in the pre-release versions of
> >    components such as X11 and compilers.)
>

> Just as a quick heads up, I installed FC4 Release ("Stentz") late
> yesterday.
>
> R (Version 2.1.1 beta (2005-06-14)) compiles fine using:
>
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 4.0.0 20050519 (Red Hat 4.0.0-8)
>
> and make check-all passes with no problems.
>
> I have also installed all CRAN packages that do not require other 3rd
> party drivers, etc. and there were no observed errors in those cases.
>
> So far, so good.
>
> If anything comes up, I will post a follow up.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Marc Schwartz

Yep. Just tried the same on AMD64 (I had a bit of a fight converting
my SuSE setup -- FC4 is quite unhappy about ReiserFS for some reason).
A couple of f95 warnings whooshed by during the compile, that was all.

By the way, I noticed that you can now "yum install R R-devel" and get
everything straight from Fedora Extras.

 (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark          Ph: (+45) 35327918