[Rd] \section{Windows}{...} instead of #ifdef windows ... #endif? (Was: Re: (PR#7943) documentation ...)

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Wed Jun 15 22:43:33 CEST 2005

Just a comment, that probably applies to a lot more Rd files; when
trying to developer cross-platform R code, it is very useful to have
identical documentation whatever platform you are working on.  That is,
I would prefer

\section{Windows-specific comments}{
}

rather than

#ifdef windows
#endif

This would make it possible to write more robust code (without looking
at the source docs).

/Henrik