[Rd] Suggestion for the R Bugs web page

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at mednetstudy.com
Wed Jun 22 17:15:00 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I would like to recommend that the following text from the R Posting
Guide be placed on the R Bug submission page in the section "Submit New
Reports", which would read as follows:

Submit New Reports

You can submit new bug reports either using an online form by clicking
on the button below or by sending email to r-bugs at biostat.ku.dk.

Before you post a real bug report, make sure you read R Bugs in the
R-faq. If you're not completely and utterly sure something is a bug,
post a question to r-help, not a bug report to r-bugs - every bug report
requires manual action by one of the R-core members.

If you wish to comment upon an existing report, you cannot do that via
the web interface. Instead send an email to the above address with the
Subject: header containing (PR#999) -- replace 999 with actual report
number, of course.

Perhaps reading that brief middle section, without having to click to
another page, will help to reduce user error reports going to R Bugs and
save members of R Core some time.

Also, as a quick pointer, I noted that there is a repeated word ("for")
on the R Home Page in the "Getting Started" box:

R is a free software environment _for for_ statistical computing and
graphics. It compiles and runs on a wide variety of UNIX platforms,
Windows and MacOS. To download R, please choose your preferred CRAN
mirror.

Best regards,

Marc Schwartz