[Rd] R mailing list archive: alternative interface

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 03:17:33 CEST 2005

For a programming competition (http://railsday.com) I recently
entered, I created a web-application to nicely display mail archives.
I've loaded up a couple of months worth of r-devel mail and made it
available here: http://listomagic.had.co.nz/

The big advantages over the currrent mailman archive are:

 * messages are threaded, and messages in a thread are displayed
together, and some effort is made to reduce redundant quoting

 * built in search

 * rss feeds for author, thread and search

I'd very interested to know if you think this useful and if it'd be
worthwhile to keep in sync with the list.  Any comments regarding
appearance, functionality etc would also be gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Hadley