[Rd] Cannot choose language for installing (PR#7971)

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 09:05:08 CEST 2005

The language of the installer is completely unrelated to the language
used to run R.

This is not a bug: to use R in Chinese, you need to select Chinese as
the language to use: see the `R Installation and Administration manual'.
This should happen automatically if Windows is set to Simplified Chinese.

What do you actually want to do?  If you want to run R in English,, set
LANAGAGE=en.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk