[Rd] Error in compiling R

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 28 14:46:48 CEST 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 Chad.P.Jenness at wellsfargo.com wrote:

> When compiling R on Windows, I am getting the following error.  Does
> anyone have any suggestions?

Yes, it seems you have corrupted the files during unpacking.  Did you use
the version of tar in the Rtools.zip?  Whatever you used to unpack the
files has changed LF to CR line endings. Winzip is notorious for doing
things like that.

Only a very few tools will unpack that tar file (which contains symbolic
links) correctly.  Which is why we provide one, and issue a warning in the
R Installation and Administration manual.