[Rd] RGUI font problem (PR#7749)

ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 10:34:08 CEST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:18:27 -0500, "Christos Hatzis"
> <christos at nuverabio.com> wrote :
>
>> It is running on MDI mode (default).
>>
>> It appears that if I save the preferences in the default (My Documents)
>> folder after I make the change, the problem disappears.  I was just
>> "Apply"-ing the changes and then "OK" without saving the new preferences
>> first.  As a result, I did not have an Rconsole file in My Documents.
>>
>> This might be the reason why the problem was not reproducible by the
>> development team.
>
> I think there's still something else:  I don't see it when I follow
> your instructions above.

This like PR#7277 fails for me in MDI mode but not SDI mode.
I have tracked it down to editorsetfont (in editor.c) which does
setfont(f).  That is incorrect, as there is no current window, and there
may be no editor windows at all.  So it was setting the font on a
random window and the effect will be unpredictable (and hence hard to
fix).

So the problem was introduced by the editor code in 2.0.0.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk