[Rd] bug in modulus operator %% (PR#7852)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 12 09:38:42 CEST 2005

I've now found a Windows system that does this.  This is also Windows XP,
fully patched, and with the same rw2010.  So it may be chip-specific: the
one that works is a P4 and the one that does not is a latest Pentium M.

I am not sure that the guarantee on the help page has been supported for a
while.  I've altered the code so it is more likely to be.

BTW,

> options(digits=20)
> 1 %% 0.001
[1] 0.0009999999999999792

shows why the original is not a bug in R.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk