[Rd] Specifying dependency on a specific patched version

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sun May 15 16:55:29 CEST 2005

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 15 May 2005 at 12:37, Uwe Ligges wrote:
> | Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> | > For example, today's Windows patched release (2005-05-14) has
> | > the capability of changing the time zone within R on Windows
> | > via Sys.putenv(TZ="GMT") but prior patched versions do not have this.
> | > Is there some way of ensuring that the 2005-05-14 or later release is used
> | > if on Windows only?
> |

> | No.
>
> Indirectly, though, as you can check in .First.lib.

Yes, you can check in .First.lib, or in configure.win, or whereever,
*BUT* that does not help, e.g., for the CRAN repository.
If I am compiling under 2.1.0 release, the package will fail my checks.
If I would be compiling under R-patched, it will not fail the checks,
but don't work for several users who probably do not want to use
un-released versions of R.

I think the best way is to wait for the next release of R.

Is there a schedule for R-2.1.1, BTW?

Uwe