[Rd] R quits after 6 seconds (PR#7878)

ngoldsmi at bigpond.net.au ngoldsmi at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 19 11:11:24 CEST 2005

Full_Name: Noel Goldsmith
Version: 2.1.0a
OS: OS X 10.3.9
Submission from: (NULL) (203.45.17.210)

Having newly installed R version 2.1.0a on a macintosh iMac 20 inch G5 with 1 Gb
of Ram and a 160 Gb hard disc I can report that the application starts up with
the Cocoa GUI window and then after some six seconds it just closes and quits.
No error messages or other symptoms apparent.

I can also report that this was exactly the same wth R 2.1 on the same machine.

So had a go at removing R and reinstalling using the 2.1.0a, in the vain hope it
would help.
If there is some thing I should check or do I would be prepared to act as a bug
squasher.