[Rd] MacOS Classic incompatibility? (PR#7884)

harloff at softuse.com harloff at softuse.com
Fri May 20 09:30:58 CEST 2005

Full_Name: Joachim Harloff
Version: 2.0.1
OS: MacOS X 10.3
Submission from: (NULL) (84.152.129.217)

Hi,
I had a RAM intensive calculation run (anova (lm ... ), whcih allocated about
400 MB of RAM. Then I tried to use a MAC OS Classic statistical program
additionally. During startup of MacOS Classic the Unix system crashed. Some Unix
lines appeared on the screen (sorry, I didn't understand a word) and everything
was frozen. I had to restart the computer.
I do not think it was because of memory lack, since I have 1.7 GB of RAM
available and the programs running / tried to open would not even consume the
half of that.

Regards, Joachim