[Rd] Package manpage DCF hooks

Paul Roebuck roebuck at mdanderson.org
Mon Nov 14 09:00:58 CET 2005

Was looking at what was output for <pkgname>-package.Rd
and wondered if any there was any means (via macro, etc)
to merge some of the same information with a template
for my package manpage? As much (all?) of the generated
information was already provided in the DESCRIPTION, I'd
prefer not to have to update the information in multiple
places. I'm thinking here that I could provide a template
file "<pkgname>-package.Rd.in" and during build, the
DCF information could be substituted appropriately and
"<pkgname>-package.Rd" would be output.

see also:
    promptPackage method