[Rd] Option "installWithVers" seems to impact new.packages() badly?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 4 15:27:43 CEST 2005

Hard to know what you expect here.  There is no recent change that I can
see.

I removed ash and then installed it with version.  new.packages() showed
it as new in both 2.1.1 and 2.2.0-beta.

The issue is that installed.packages() has never been taught about
versioned installs, and you might like to take that up with your BioC
colleagues who added the idea.

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, A.J. Rossini wrote:

> In Rdevel, SVN version built this morning around 10am central european
> time, it looks like
>
>   install.packages(new.packages(),installWithVers=TRUE)
>
> seem to ignore the version information -- that is, it reinstalls
> current versions of packages.

I believe it always did: it certainly does in 2.1.1 for me.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk