[Rd] how do I write Rd file for this?

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Oct 5 18:44:42 CEST 2005

Dear R-devel,

I'm working on Prof. Loader's new version of locfit to try to get it
pass R CMD check.  I'm almost there, but I have a problem with some Rd
files that I hope some one can help me resolve.  Here's an example:

In the package there's a function called locfit.censor().  This function
can be used in a few different ways:

locfit.censor(x, y, cens, ...)
locfit.censor(formula, ...)
locfit(formula, ..., lfproc=locfit.censor)

What I did in locfit.censor.Rd is have something like:

\synopsis{
locfit.censor(x, y, cens, ..., iter=3, km=FALSE)
}
\usage{
locfit(formula, cens=cens, lfproc=locfit.censor)
locfit.censor(formula, cens, ..., iter=3, km=FALSE)
}

However, R CMD check gives me:

Undocumented arguments in documentation object 'locfit.censor'
  formula lfproc
Documented arguments not in \usage in documentation object
'locfit.censor':
  x y
Objects in \usage without \alias in documentation object
'locfit.censor':
  locfit

Can some one tell me what would be the preferred way of fixing this?

Best,
Andy

Andy Liaw, PhD
Biometrics Research      PO Box 2000, RY33-300
Merck Research Labs           Rahway, NJ 07065
mailto:andy_liaw at merck.com        732-594-0820