[Rd] Catching warning and error output

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Oct 10 17:11:11 CEST 2005

> What I would like to have:
> Of course there would be many different ways to accomplish this. Here are
> some solutions I can think of:

I just had an additional idea:
4) Export inError, and inWarning from errors.c:
I'm not entirely sure this would really work as expected, but if it did, it
would be fairly neat. I would receive all output though R_WriteConsole. There
(in my implementation of the callback), I'd check for "int inError", and "int
inWarning", and classify the output accordingly. Just as in solution 1), I
still could not figure out about a direct call of REprintf. Such output would
still be classified as "regular".

Regards
Thomas