[Rd] bug loading libraries with winXP and 2.2.0 but not 2.1.1 (PR#8201)

rgentlem@fhcrc.org rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Tue Oct 11 01:01:39 CEST 2005

Hi,
  thanks for the report - but it should have gone to the Bioconductor
list, and the package maintainer, thanks.

  New versions of multtest and a few other packages will percolate up in
the next few days to resolve the problem.

  Best wishes,
    Robert

kompass at vision.wustl.edu wrote:
> Full_Name: Ken Kompass
> Version: 2.2.0
> OS: winXP pro (2002 version, SP2)
> Submission from: (NULL) (128.252.149.244)
>

> Using R2.2.0 I get this error msg when loading certain bioconductor libraries
> (depending on whether the library contains file named "all.rda" in R folder of
> library) :
>

>>library(multtest)
>
> Error in open.connection(con, "rb") : unable to open connection
> In addition: Warning message:
> cannot open compressed file 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-22~1.0/library/multtest/R/all.rda'
>
> Error in library(multtest) : .First.lib failed for 'multtest'
>

> The error occurs with loading any library that doesn't have an "all.rda" file in
> its R folder...
>

> ...With R2.1.1 the exact same version of multtest loads fine :
>

>>library(multtest)

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences