[Rd] Building R on Windows

Jennifer Lai lai at lindaspaces.com
Thu Oct 13 22:15:34 CEST 2005

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Jennifer Lai wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>  I"m a newbie on building R on Windows. I followed the instructions
>>cited here,
>>http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/ to build R-2.2.0.
>>Everything works fine up till when package base needs to be compiled.
>>here is the error message,
>>
>>---------- Making package base ------------
>> adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
>>Error in library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib) :
>>       shared library 'tools' not found
>>Execution halted
>>make[4]: *** [frontmatter] Error 1
>>make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
>>make[2]: *** [pkg-base] Error 2
>>make[1]: *** [rpackage] Error 2
>>make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>>Has anyone seen this error message before? Where can I find shared
>>library tools?
>>

>It was built at the bootstrapping phase, or should have been.

Is there something like config.log for Windows port?
I didn't see anything suspcicious that helped me in finding where shared
library tools should be built.
There were couple of warning messges related to dlapack, but these are
not related to tools, right?

In file included from dlapack0.f:0:
dlapack0.f:203: warning: 'ipv' might be used uninitialized in this function
dlapack0.f:203: warning: 'jpv' might be used uninitialized in this function
dlapack0.f:204: warning: 'smin' might be used uninitialized in this function

Many Thanks,
Jennifer