[Rd] How can I use the function in "Defn.h"?

jiesheng zhang jiesheng at bioteam.net
Mon Oct 17 04:00:07 CEST 2005

Hi, all

I am in the process of writing my first R extesion package. My extension
does not do statistics analysis. It serilizes the call, sends the call
to remote computer. The remote compuer will evaluate the call and
returns the result back to client machine. The idea is inspired by the
taskPR package, which is much more complex than what I want to
accomplish. I use some code from taskPR.
One of the function uses StrToInternal function(I copy it from taskPR
package). I noticed the StrToInternal was defined in "Defn.h".

When I load my extension and library, I got this error
-------------------------------
 > library("btRRTest")
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
         unable to load shared library
'/common/apps/lib/R/library/btRRTest/libs/btRRTest.so':
   /common/apps/lib/R/library/btRRTest/libs/btRRTest.so: undefined
symbol: StrToInternal
Error in library("btRRTest") : .First.lib failed for 'btRRTest'

My understand is that the "StrToInternal" should be compiled in a shared
library such as R.so. How can I use this function in my code to avoid
the "undefined symbol" error?

Thanks

-jason