[Rd] [R-gui] R GUI considerations

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Mon Oct 17 20:45:17 CEST 2005

Duncan,

I agree totally with you on all points, now that we clarified our
respective ideas. I am afraid I probably agree also with your last
point, from a theoretical point-of-view ("I still think we need more
glue and am working on that while we continue to experiment with the
design of GUIs for the next 5 years rather than the immediate needs.").

I say, from a theoretical point-of-view, because in practice I am not
sure all these people waiting for GUIs, like in the projects I cited
before, will appreciate we just continue to play in the sandbox for
another 5 years!!! They want their GUI delivered... in the next years,
or in the next six months, or even closer if possible!

So, a mix between the theoretical approach and the practical needs tells
me that it is perhaps time to shorten a little bit the sandbox phase and
to move forward right now.

Best,

Philippe

..............................................<°}))><........
  ) ) ) ) )
( ( ( ( (    Prof. Philippe Grosjean
  ) ) ) ) )
( ( ( ( (    Numerical Ecology of Aquatic Systems
  ) ) ) ) )   Mons-Hainaut University, Pentagone (3D08)
( ( ( ( (    Academie Universitaire Wallonie-Bruxelles
  ) ) ) ) )   8, av du Champ de Mars, 7000 Mons, Belgium
( ( ( ( (
  ) ) ) ) )   phone: + 32.65.37.34.97, fax: + 32.65.37.30.54
( ( ( ( (    email: Philippe.Grosjean at umh.ac.be
  ) ) ) ) )
( ( ( ( (    web:   http://www.umh.ac.be/~econum
  ) ) ) ) )          http://www.sciviews.org