[Rd] gfortran Makefile for windows

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 18 10:08:16 CEST 2005

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, François-Xavier Coudert wrote:

> I recently saw this posting in the r-devel list

What posting (I see nothing included)? I guess you mean

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2005-September/034811.html

?

> (while looking for something completely unrelated) and just wanted to
> say: there are gfortran binaries available for Windows/MinGW (in fact, I
> do build them monthly just so that Windows users can use the compiler).
> The exact adress
> (http://quatramaran.ens.fr/~coudert/gfortran/gfortran-windows.exe) is
> written in the gcc/gfortran wiki: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran.

Thank you.  Please note that address does not say this is for MinGW, nor
that it is compatible with the objects compiled from C by MinGW and with
the MinGW binutils.  That's a crucial piece of information, as Windows has
a compiler-specific ABI.  I used g95 because your Wiki did say so.
Will add the URL to the R-admin manual, and request you add a mention of
MinGW on your Wiki.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk