[Rd] cross-compiling tools

Tue Oct 18 18:53:54 CEST 2005

Hi

We have been cross-compiling windows packages under Linux using the
excellent Makefile and instructions by Tony Rossini and Jun Yan.
Specifically we have been cross-compiling c++ code and it used to work.

Now the minGW tools located at www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/Rtools have
changed from version 4 to version 5, and our cross-compiling have
stopped working.

Inspecting the tarball we are unable to find the header files for c+
+, so it seems that c++ support has been left out. Has this been
changed intentionally, because it used to work and in addition c++ is
included in the list of "standard" minGW packages listed on
www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools

If the change is intentionally, should be just get the c++ code from
minGW and merge it into the tarball?

Kasper and Jim