[Rd] can't start csh (scripts) (PR#8220)

Jens.Gloeckler@math.uni-giessen.de Jens.Gloeckler at math.uni-giessen.de
Wed Oct 19 13:58:02 CEST 2005

Dear R developers,

after upgrading from R 2.1.1 to 2.2.0 I can't start csh (scripts) anymore.

While the following commands work fine

  > system("tcsh -c pwd")
  /hom1/users/gloeckler
  > system("bash -c pwd")
  /hom1/users/gloeckler
  > system("ksh -c pwd")
  /hom1/users/gloeckler

csh (in contrast to the shells used above) doesn't give any result:

  > system("csh -c pwd")

Outside of R csh and csh scripts do not cause any problems.

I tracked down a problem with starting an HTML browser down to this
problem with the invocation of any csh process.

The csh used is the normal C-Shell shipped with Solaris 9.

Thanks in advance,
Jens Gloeckler

--please do not edit the information below--

Version:
 platform = sparc-sun-solaris2.9
 arch = sparc
 os = solaris2.9
 system = sparc, solaris2.9
 status =
 major = 2
 minor = 2.0
 year = 2005
 month = 10
 day = 06
 svn rev = 35749
 language = R

Locale:

Search Path:
 .GlobalEnv, package:methods, package:stats, package:graphics, package:grDevices, package:utils, package:datasets, Autoloads, package:base