[Rd] spaces in application name of external editor (PR#8221)

fparlamis@gmail.com fparlamis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 00:26:43 CEST 2005

Full_Name: Franklin Parlamis
Version: 2.1.1 (R.app 1.1.2)
OS: Mac OS X 10.4.2
Submission from: (NULL) (24.161.129.74)

Cocoa GUI 1.12 appears to have a problem opening an external editor when the
application name contains a space.  I use Aquamacs Emacs, which upon
installation names itself "Aquamacs Emacs.app"

Choosing that app as an external editor on the Preference Pane causes the
following error when I try to open a file from the Toolbar in the R Console:

    2005-10-18 00:59:49.985 open[9985] No such file: /Users/Franklin/R/Working
Directory/Emacs.app

However, if I rename the application "Aquamacs_Emacs.app" no error is returned
and the file opens.