[Rd] Error in building package indices

Jain, Nitin Nitin.Jain at pfizer.com
Thu Oct 20 21:28:51 CEST 2005

Dear R-devel members,

We are building a new package (GeneticsBase) for analysis of genetic data .
While doing "R CMD check with R-2.1.1,  I am getting the following error:

** building package indices ...
Error in "colnames<-"(`*tmp*`, value = c("family", "pid", "father",
"mother",  :
        length of 'dimnames' [2] not equal to array extent
Execution halted
ERROR: installing package indices failed
 ERROR
Installation failed.

We believe that this could be due to package versioning, but are not sure.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Best,
Nitin