[Rd] model.response() as a generic function?

Kosuke Imai kimai at Princeton.Edu
Sat Oct 29 02:47:04 CEST 2005

Dear R contributors,
  Gary King, Olivia Lau (both at Harvard) and I are working on an R
package where we are trying to write functions equivalent to
model.frame(), model.matrix(), and model.response() for multiple equations
models (i.e., models that require the specification of multiple formulae).
However, we noticed that while model.frame() and model.matrix() are
generic functions, model.response() is not. It would be nice if
model.response() is also a generic function so that we can make use of the
same function name for a large class of models we are working on. Is there
any possibility that this change can be made in the future version of R?
Thank you very much for your consideration in advance,
Kosuke

Kosuke Imai               Office: Corwin Hall 041
Assistant Professor       Phone: 609-258-6601
Department of Politics    eFax:  973-556-1929
Princeton University      Email: kimai at Princeton.Edu
Princeton, NJ 08544-1012  http://imai.princeton.edu