[Rd] Build R with AMD pgi compiled ACML library

Jennifer Lai lai at lindaspaces.com
Tue Sep 6 22:56:04 CEST 2005

Hi,
     Has anyone had any luck in using portland group compiler to build
R(-devel) with AMD's pgi compiled ACML library? I've downloaded the
packages and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and run configuration script as follow:
% ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/R.pgcc --with-blas='-lacml'

However, it failed to pick up  double complex BLAS,

checking for sgemm_ in -lacml... yes
checking whether double complex BLAS can be used... no

Can anyone advise me on how to fix this problem?
Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely,
Jennifer