[Rd] Wishlist: write.delim()

Douglas Grove dgrove at fhcrc.org
Fri Sep 9 00:33:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

It would be great if someone would add write.delim() as an
adjunct to write.table(), just as with write.csv().

I store a lot of data in tab-delimited files and can read
it in easily with:  read.delim("text.txt", as.is=TRUE)
and would love to be able to write it out as easily when
I create these files.

The obvious setting needed for write.delim() is sep = "\t",
but in addition I would request the setting row.names = FALSE

i.e.

write.delim(x, file) = write.table(x, file, sep = "\t", row.names=FALSE)

Thanks much,
Doug Grove