[Rd] Issue tracking in packages

Seth Falcon sethfalcon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 17:32:11 CEST 2005

On 10 Sep 2005, Kurt.Hornik at wu-wien.ac.at wrote:
> I like the suggestion about using a Changelog (or whatever it would
> be called) field in the package DESCRIPTION meta-data.  If we have
> that, we could not only use this for repository-side presentation of
> the package, but also install such info and have a simple
> show_package_change_log() function ...

For what its worth, I don't like this idea of adding a ChangeLog field
to the DESCRIPTION file.

Agreeing upon a standard location for NEWS or CHANGES or some such
seems a more simple solution.  As long as the presence of such a file
is *optional*.  And if the location really needs to be at the top,
then the build tools could grab it from there as they do the
DESCRIPTION file.

+ seth