[Rd] simulate in stats

Thu Sep 15 22:18:28 CEST 2005

I agree: no function should per default touch the random number
stream. Otherwise this will undoubtedly lead to misuse. And while one
may want to include a seed argument in case a user wants to set it
explicitly, I would argue that the preferred usage is to do
   set.seed(SOMETHING)
   someFunction()
and then educate users that this is the way to go.

Kasper