[Rd] Error report upon using the help.search( ) command (PR#8144)

paltr@bio.uio.no paltr at bio.uio.no
Tue Sep 20 11:24:18 CEST 2005

Full_Name: Pål Trosvik
Version: 2.0.1
OS: Windows XP
Submission from: (NULL) (129.240.91.220)

Hi

Upon entering the command: help.search("linear") .I get the following error
report:
Error in rbind(...) : number of columns of matrices must match (see arg 8)

I get the same error message whichever search term I enter between the quotation
marks. This function was working fine just a few weeks ago, and in the mean time
I haven't done anything unusual. All I have done is download a few packages from
CRAN, namely 'pls' and 'splines', as well as 'gplots','gtools' and 'gdata'. I
have no idea what is causing this problem, but I guess it might be a bug.

I shold perhaps mention that I saw an almost identical bug report entered in the
'not-repoducible' directory of previous bug reports by one Sabyasaschi Ray on
020805.

His problem remains unsolved.

Best regards

Pål Trosvik
Ph.D. student
University of Oslo - Department of Biology/Norwegian Food Research Institute