[Rd] Wishlist - access non-text from clipboard in Windows

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:12:29 CEST 2005

There is an open source clipboard extender CLCL that handles all
clipboard formats.  I think this code could be leveraged to simplify
it substantially.  Run CLCL and copy something from IE or Excel,
say, so that you have a complex object in the clipboard.
Now expand Clipboard in the left pane and the various components
in the clipboard are shown in the tree as children.  You can right click
and save any of them.

If this code could be followed it might be simple to just have a new
argument to clipboard() which specified which component to return
or one could optionally return a list of all of them.