[Rd] complex.h in R

Jennifer Lai lai at lindaspaces.com
Sat Sep 24 21:03:06 CEST 2005

Hi,
    How does complex.h used in R? Whether a compiler support complex.h
or not, does it affect R's performance? I used PGI compiler to build
R-devel on AMD Opteron, but the configuration file failed to link BLAS
library despite the fact it is located in the usual location,
/usr/lib64.  PGI said they don't support complex.h. R configuration
script printed out that doublecomplex is not supported. Are "supporting
complex.h" and "linking BLAS library" related?
any comments on this issue?

note: I can ignore linking BLAS and proceed to compile R with PGI
compiler successfully.

Regards,
Jennifer