[Rd] complex.h in R

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 26 19:12:50 CEST 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Jennifer Lai wrote:

> Hi,
> I checked config.log and BLAS_LIBS was not set. However, I have set
> BLAS_LIBS='-L/usr/lib64 -lblas' in config.site file.
> I can't figure out why BLAS_LIBS is not set, when PGI compiler is used. When
> gcc is used, BLAS_LIBS need not be set in config.site and automatically get
> picked up by the configuration script.
>
> Here is a snapshot of the configuration script output (for buidling R with
> PGI compiler):
> checking for complex.h... yes
> checking for double complex... no
> checking for sgemm_ in -L/usr/lib64 -lblas... yes
> checking whether double complex BLAS can be used... no
>
> Is there other thing I should look into in the config.log?

You need to look for the evidence for the line

> checking for sgemm_ in -L/usr/lib64 -lblas... yes

in config.log.  I very much doubt that -L/usr/lib64 helps you: surely that
should be in your library path.  But you will probably find you cannot mix
code compiled under different compilers, especially as -lblas is likely to
be Fortran compiled with g77.  (You may need -lblas -lg2c, but you would
be better off using the BLAS built into R.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk