[Rd] Subscripting fails if name of element is "" (PR#8161)

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 30 17:47:20 CEST 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, "Jens Oehlschlägel" wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> The following shows cases where accessing elements via their name fails (if
> the
> name is a string of length zero).

This looks deliberate (there is a function NonNullStringMatch that does
the matching).  I assume this is because there is no other way to
indicate that an element has no name.

If so, it is a documentation bug -- help(names) and FAQ 7.14 should
specify this behaviour.  Too late for 2.2.0, unfortunately.

 	-thomas