[Rd] Extending www.r-project.org features with a Wiki (PR#8744)

ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 3 17:36:35 CEST 2006

Try http://wiki.r-project.org  (which you might have guessed or Googled:
it came up as the first item for me).

You might want to report to the webmaster of www.r-project.org where you
looked for a link to this and failed to find one.   (Both the webmaster
and the host machine have moved recently (or the machine is about to), so
various planned changes are delayed by the moves.)

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, anyakin at users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Full_Name: Victor Anyakin
> Version:
> OS:
> Submission from: (NULL) (212.109.44.52)
>

> This is an enhancement request,
>
> probably, some sort of a Wiki engine could be installed on the web site,
> or some other system, which would cover some basic information about
> various aspectes of R.
>
> Currently, I am trying to find some information about GUI application
> development on R. A number of various projects use wiki's to provide such
> information to the new or experienced users.

Well, see the `Writing R Extensions' manual, the `Related Projects' link
on CRAN which links to a page on GUIs (and that links to another
mainifestation of the same Wiki).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk