[Rd] Compiling PL/R against R.dll in Win32/MinGW

Joe Conway mail at joeconway.com
Fri Apr 7 22:16:56 CEST 2006

Mike Leahy wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I've been trying to get the PostgreSQL PL/R library to compile on
> windows (http://www.joeconway.com/plr/).  The author of this library
> says the problem is likely because the distributed R.dll isn't
> compiled as a shared dll.  Is this the case?  If so, is there any way
> to compile it such that it is shared?  If that's not the case, than
> maybe someone on this list has a better understanding of the errors
> I'm getting (below).

Just to clarify, I based my comment on this thread:
	http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/03a/1690.html

which may no longer be true. I have made no specific attempt to make
PL/R compile under Windows because I did not think it was supported. If
R.dll can be used under Windows in the same manner as libR.so on Linux,
I'd bee happy to hear about it.

Joe