[Rd] Run package code on R shutdown?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Mon Apr 10 15:08:00 CEST 2006

On 4/10/06, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch at stats.uwo.ca> wrote:
> I'm sure I've seen this discussed before, but haven't been able to find
> it.  I'd like some package code to be run when R is shut down
> (approximately when a user's .Last function would be run), to clean up
> properly.  What is the best way to do this?

I tried to do this some time ago.  My conclusion then is that it
cannot be done with a guarantee, because R can exit in different ways.
 I implemented what I had an came up with an onSessionExit() method
available in R.utils.  Check that out for a start.  It modifies
.Last(), but that can be circumvented by quit(callLast=FALSE).

/Henrik

> Duncan Murdoch

Henrik Bengtsson
Mobile: +46 708 909208 (+2h UTC)