[Rd] bash-like history mechanism and prompt settings

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Thu Apr 13 11:02:35 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a couple of questions:
* would it be possible to add more information on the history, for
example the number of the command and a timestamp. With the number of
command, one could do some stuff like in a terminal to recall a specific
command :
$ !45
and with the timestamp, one could imagine to ask for commands that were
typed in a given interval of time. For example :
R> history(before="Thu Apr 13 8:54:14 2006")

* My other question is about the prompt, is it possible to make it
dynamic, ie to mimic the PS1 variable in bash. R would use a prompt that
would tell (for example) the current time, and the number of the command
to come
[445-10:58:54] R>

(I'm using R from gnome-terminal on fedora 5)

Regards,

Romain

--
visit the R Graph Gallery : http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques