[Rd] slot named C

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Mon Apr 17 16:55:53 CEST 2006

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Paul Gilbert wrote:
>
>> Ok, but I'm surprised. I thought partial matching only happened for
>> named arguments. I guess I've been lucky.
>
> Here C is named, so what did you mean?

Now I guess I've really been confused. I thought named arguments in a
function were the optional ones you named when you define the function
(with name=default, so Class is not a named argument in the call to
new). Are you saying the named arguments are the ones you name when you
call the function?

Paul