[Rd] bounding box in PostScript

Berwin A Turlach berwin at maths.uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 18 03:04:25 CEST 2006

G'day David,

    DA> When a graph is saved as PostScript, the bounding box is often
    DA> too big.  A consequence is that when the graph is included in
    DA> a LaTeX document, the spacing does not look good.  Is this a
    DA> recognized problem? Is someone working on it? Could I help?
How exactly are you saving the graph as PostScript?

I guess the problem is due to the fact that you save the PostScript
picture on a paper according to your default paper size (which is "a4"
for me).  To create PostScript pictures with reasonalbe tight bounding
boxes that are suitable to be included in a LaTeX document you should
specify `paper=special' and then define your plotting area via the
'height' and 'width' argument.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

        Berwin

Berwin A Turlach                      Tel.: +61 (8) 6488 3338 (secr)
School of Mathematics and Statistics        +61 (8) 6488 3383 (self)
The University of Western Australia   FAX : +61 (8) 6488 1028
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley WA 6009                e-mail: berwin at maths.uwa.edu.au
Australia                        http://www.maths.uwa.edu.au/~berwin