[Rd] R_PAPERSIZE and LC_PAPER

Marc Schwartz (via MN) mschwartz at mn.rr.com
Thu Apr 20 20:32:37 CEST 2006

Prof. Ripley,

Happy to help.

So, it sounds like we are thinking along the same lines then.

A couple of follow up questions:

1. Is R_PAPERSIZE_DEFAULT to be the proposed new compile time setting in
2.4.0? Unless I missed it, I did not see it documented anywhere (ie.
R-admin/NEWS for 2.2.1 patched or 2.3.0 devel) and it is not in the
configure related files that I have here.

2. For LC_ALL, it is not set (at least on my FC4 system, have not had
the time yet to go to FC5) in en_US.UTF-8. Is it set in other locales
such that it would be of value?

Thanks also for the pointer to the devel guidelines. I had read through
them at some point in the past, but it has been a while.

Regards,

Marc