[Rd] R CMD check: non source files in src on (2.3.0 RC (2006-04-19 r37860))

Thu Apr 20 22:06:00 CEST 2006

One thing which I personally disagree with is that the procedure for
the check is different when run on a directory than on a tarball (I
am talking about the defaults here, I now know I can change it
locally). I could understand the difference if the check resulted in
an _error_ such that I would be unable to install the package if I
have eg. object files in the src directory.

I did the original checking for the package Jim (the OP) referred to,
and I did expect that since it passed R CMD check (on my svn checkout
directory), everything would be fine (this was with R-beta from
Sunday). It was a bit of a surprise for me to learn that there was
differences.

This is a case where I fail to see the advantage of the default
settings, and I do see some disadvantages. But probably not important
enough for R-2.3.0.

/Kasper